Monday, September 23, 2013

Bunnywith A Little More Information




If you're new to "BUNNYWITH", don't worry. Unless you have the intellect of Dennis Rodman, I think you'll catch on pretty easily. Just hang in there.

For being such a simple concept, I have a million over-complicated things to say about BUNNYWITH, a character and idea that I came up with almost 15 years ago while trying really hard to decipher the incoherent Jamaican accent of my Algebra teacher at Sacramento City College. But for now I'll be fairly quick. Because that origin, much like every other evolutionary step in my goofy little armless rabbit's life, felt like a joke. A long joke that might someday be worth telling, but also a joke that I pretty quickly took seriously because it was the only thing in my life at the time that made me laugh.
Well, I've managed to find other numerous ways to laugh since then, no help from Duck Dynasty, littering, OR Morgan Freeman, but nothing that has caused me to ever forget about BUNNYWITH. 

After two comic books, a short-lived web-comic, plush toys, mini-vinyl figures, a still-in-progress phone app, and a few years in between, I felt like now was the right time to introduce Bunnywith to a new environment. And a new audience: the completely accepting non-judgmental, non-pretentious....art gallery world. I think he'll be OK, though. After all, he managed to survive being the only plush toy ever on major retail shelves to come packaged with an aborted fetus. Plus, Bunnywith has been bugging me for months to be let out of his drawer (yes, he sleeps in a drawer. Not MY drawers, A drawer). 

Here's how it works for any of you wide-eyed beautiful newcomers:



Now take that concept, repeat it 100 times in slightly different (and mostly ridiculous) ways, with completely random adornments, and you have an art gallery show. Well, you don't have a normal art gallery show, you have a BUNNYWITH art gallery show. And hopefully I will see YOU there at this non-normal, silly, and possibly offensive (to weak-minded lumpy folk) art gallery show. 

Come "with" me.

Saturday, OCT 19
6 PM (Tentatively)
Gallery 1988: East
7021 Melrose Ave (At La Brea)
Los Angeles, CA

Stay tuned for more information regarding the 9 billion things that will be a part of the opening show.